05 Jun Project Manager for Owner’s Representative Construction Management Firm
Local applicants only please
KCM Group is a full-service Owner’s Representative construction management and consulting firm, serving the interests of public and private building owners and developers. From large scale land development and vertical construction projects to Class A office renovation and custom estates (commercial in scope), we have the depth of experience to manage a wide variety of projects. The diversity of our projects creates a challenging but rewarding environment encouraging innovation, collaboration, and sustainability.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager in our San Diego office to provide comprehensive project management services for our commercial, residential, institutional, hospitality and public works projects.
General Position Overview:
Candidates must possess demonstrated qualifications and experience in all areas of project management including estimating, scheduling, design management, constructability reviews, project accounting, contract development and management, client management and other related project management skills.
The Project Manager position requires the ability to balance the technical aspects of the scope of a project while effectively advocating for our clients and working seamlessly with the variety of professionals providing service on the project.
Qualifications (No need to apply unless you possess the following qualifications):
- Candidates must possess a degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management and have 7 years’ experience in commercial and residential project applications.
- Owner’s Representation experience is a must, in particular, demonstrated experience managing designers and contractors.
- Public Works experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills are a prerequisite including all applications within MS Office, Excel (proficiency preferred), MS Project, Bluebeam and Adobe.
- Demonstrated proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively maintain the diverse relationships including the client, design team, contractors, agency representatives, and any number of project stakeholders. Project Manager is expected to further develop these relationships.
- Responsible for coordinating and directing multiple disciplines in a high intensity environment.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project team that includes architect and engineer, the general contractor, and other disciplines to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Provides cursory enforcement of the construction contract and diligently works with the project team to ensure compliance with the construction contract as well as exercises rigid control to ensure that the project team is staying within the project constraints.
- Responsible for the leadership, interpretation, organization, execution, and coordination of project assignments and managing projects that are both large and small.
- Must be proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reports, proposal preparations, and communication.
- Keep the client and their agents informed on all relevant issues in an expeditious manner. Must understand where the highest risk is on the project and develop plan(s) to mitigate such risk.
- Candidates should be prepared to perform a variety of in-depth analysis and management functions and provide quality leadership on all phases of construction projects.
- Responsible to travel to active construction worksites and engage in physical activities attendant to managing the site, including standing for long periods, walking over uneven terrain, climbing, stooping, lifting and related activities.
The position is full time with great benefits and opportunity for growth and exposure to a variety of projects throughout Southern California. Benefits include medical insurance, long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and a 401K employee retirement plan with an employer match.
The Right Fit:
KCM has a highly successful track record managing everything from custom estate construction, commercial development to large scale land development projects. The candidate will possess the ability to embrace and excel in providing the diverse level of services and projects that make KCM Group so unique. If you feel you meet the minimum qualifications and experience and you are ready to begin a career with an exciting, dynamic, and growing company please apply.
Please email a PDF copy your resume and references to [email protected]. Compensation Depends On Experience.
KCM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate unlawfully in employment opportunities or practices on any basis, including the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Your Right to Work –As a further condition to your employment, you are required to provide Company with proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States within three days of hire, pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.